I spent an entire summer too afraid to attend Yoga Camp. I remember seeing it on social media and thinking it sounded like so much fun, but feeling like I had no one to go with, (I am not one to attend things by myself!) I crossed it off my list. But the next year, when Elizabeth Camp, the director of Yoga Camp, invited me out of nowhere, I figured I had to go. It was meant to be! I still had no one to go with and had major anxiety about it, but I DID IT. And you know what? It was fabulous.
Yoga Camp is a happy place. Yoga Camp is a place where everyone is welcome; all shapes and sizes and all levels of experience – beginners included. It is a community-oriented, all out celebration of mindful living.
So let’s break it down.
When is Yoga Camp?
· June 18, July 16 & September 18 (Summer Solstice through Autumn Equinox)
· #commUNITY celebration begins at 10:30am. Yoga + live music & Kid's Yoga Camp start at 11am
and go until roughly 12:20pm, followed by time to explore the vendor area, take pictures, see old
friends and meet new ones, and of course vibe out and celebrate summer.
What is Yoga Camp?
· Hundreds of people gathered together to practice yoga a 75ish minute long outdoor class
· A teacher (or sometimes multiple teachers) who brings fantastic energy and expertise
· Community and connection
· Live, local music from top emerging bands, that spreads the positive energy
· Kids’ Yoga Camp with fun and experienced teachers
· Information on local yoga products, studios and events
· Interesting and inspiring vendors
Where is Yoga Camp?
· Location – Marquette Plaza, Downtown Minneapolis (plug ‘Marquette Plaza’ into your GPS, and
you will easily find it!)
· Parking – Two lots around $5 within a block of The Plaza or several parking meters in the area
· Lightrail – Marquette Plaza is a 5 minute walk from the Nicollet Mall Station off of the Green Line
Cost of Yoga Camp?
· FREE. $5-10 Donations suggested to sponsor local charities.
Yoga Camp is a pressure-free event. Feel free to participate or just observe, rest when you want to, and just sit back and absorb the good vibes and the energy-filled air! After the event, you will find many guests chatting with friends they have met and see lots of huge, relaxed, accomplished smiles. Professional photographers are also on hand to snap pics, and the “Camp Fire Series” covers a different topic each event, such as ‘Yoga on Social Media,’ ‘Healthy Eating Habits,’ or the fun and interesting ‘Acro Yoga.’
So bring a friend, a loved one or your kids (or be brave and come solo like I did) to Yoga Camp! You will not regret it. It will be a delightful morning of experiencing a healthy lifestyle, music, inspiration, connection, community, peace and happiness through yoga!